Monday, November 29, 2010

Real Vs. Fake

Every couple of years I pose the same question to myself, “Do I want to stay real or do I want to go fake?” I realize this is a very personal topic and that many people have very strong opinions either way. When I come to a crossroads in my life I generally have to talk it out and since we are all friends I feel I can talk to you about anything.

First of all I want to say I love real and have always endorsed real; it’s so beautiful and natural! But we all know that as time goes by real starts to droop and it can become a hassle to maintain. I’ve come to the age where I want everything to look perfect because, let’s face it, I’m shallow like that.

Growing up it was engrained in me to always stay real; my mother was very adamant about that. She swore she would always stay real but through the years several of her friends have gone fake and raved about it. Like most of us, she wanted to go a bit bigger so she did her research and decided it was time to take the plunge. That was over five years ago and she seems to be very happy with her decision. And I have to say I was impressed with the end result; very natural and just the perfect size!

I also have quite a few friends with fakes and they are so happy. I was actually astonished to hear that a few of my friends got theirs when they were either in school or straight out of college! Before having kids! That seems like such a waste if you ever plan on having kids since they pretty much destroy everything and let’s face it, after you have kids nothing ever goes back to the way it was, but I digress...

Once my friends heard I was thinking about it they gave me lots of advice and recommend several websites to visit, which leads me to another issue: cost. Going fake is so expensive! Seriously, this is not the time to bargain shop (and you know how I hate to pay full price for anything)! You want something that looks real and natural so you’re going to have to shell out the big bucks. A lot of places offer financing but I don’t feel right borrowing money for something like this. It’s so sacred to me and I feel that it would cheapen the experience for me.

I tried to talk to my hubby about it but he doesn’t really care one way or another and he pretty much told me to do what ever will make me happy. Well I know I have every right to be selfish about this because this is a big deal to me but I also want him to be happy too. This will be just as much for him as it is for me.

So my friends, it is now time for you to weigh in and I really want your honest opinions because they matter to me. Should I get a real tree or fake tree for Christmas this year?

Adios ya’ll!

3 comments:

  1. Go ahead and get a pair of them...the biggest fake ones you can afford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I'm wondering what happened to my 1st post.

    ReplyDelete