Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Working Mom apologizes.....

Dear reader,

I must first apologize to you for not keeping in touch. Just because I don’t always write to you doesn’t mean that I don’t care. It’s not you, it’s me. I’ve been busy and I haven’t had the time to devote to you that you need. I’ve missed you and I hope you’ve missed me. Can we give it another try? Yes? Good!

Well now that’s out of the way, I have another apology to make. I want to apologize because it seems that I’m a really huge wuss and a total backer-outer (for those who don’t know what a backer-outer is it is someone who backs out of things; i.e., me). I have said very loudly and to anyone that would listen that I am running a half-marathon on my birthday. I come before you today to beg your forgiveness because I am a liar. I’m a liar, a wuss, and a backer-outer. I am also very weak because after I attempted to run a 5K this weekend I realized there was no way in God’s green earth that I would survive 13.1 miles. In four weeks. For Pete’s sake, I couldn’t even run 3 miles! I was the very LAST runner to cross the finish line and that was after I got smoked by a 12 year old, a 75 year old, and a pancreatic cancer survivor. You think I’m kidding? Well I’m not. I was proud of myself that I finished but I am not naive enough to believe that I will be ready to run a half marathon in less than four weeks. So to make it official, I will not be running in a half marathon on my birthday.


I may be a liar, a wuss, and a backer-outer but I am not a quitter! I fully intend to keep running and will eventually conquer a half marathon. It’ll be sooner rather than later too because I’m going to defer my registration to next year’s marathon so I’d better get my rear in gear.


Phew! I’m glad I got that off my chest.

Adios ya’ll!

PS: I need to say a big thank you to the hubby because he has been nothing but supportive through this whole ordeal. He’s the one that always pushed me to go out and run even when I didn’t feel like it and never made me feel like I was inconveniencing him by leaving him to watch the kids while I went out for my run. Love you!

2 comments:

  1. I think a good name for you would be spuky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still very proud of you! You DID run! <3

    ReplyDelete