Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Working Mom Runneth...

I have made a decision: I am going to run a half marathon. On my birthday. Happy birthday to me.

This decision was not made lightly. It took a giant plate of nachos and three margaritas to decide that this was the best idea I have ever had in my entire life! I’ll tell you a secret: that’s how I get most of my best ideas. Well, now that I think about it, that’s also how I get some of my worst ideas…but I digress….

I decided to start running a few weeks ago and I have been “training” ever since. I use the term training loosely because the last time I worked out I didn’t have any children. Needless to say, I am out of shape. In the past 3 weeks I have been able to fully run 1.25 miles without passing out or dying so I feel that is a very big accomplishment. Also, I found out something really important during this time: running is waaaaaay harder than walking.

It is very important to me that I stay motivated so I charge YOU with holding me accountable for my progress. Thank you, dear friend, for all of your help and encouraging words (such as: “Are you out of your freaking mind?!?!”, “Hopefully you won’t die.”, etc…).

I’ll check in with you after some of my runs and tell you about my highs and lows as well as ask for some advice when I feel that I can’t go on.

So until next time….

Adios ya’ll!

1 comment:

  1. For me breath control was the key to long distance running. Breathing only throu the nose help keep your breath measured,especialy when it begans to hurt.

    ReplyDelete