Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Love The Oscars!

The Academy Awards is like my Super Bowl. I love the awards season; the dresses, the movies, and sometimes even the speeches (as long as they don’t get too long winded or political. I hate that.) I also get bored when they get into Best Documentary Short, Outstanding Art Direction, blah, blah, blah. Anywho, since I feel like I am only writing about food lately I wanted to do something a little different but something I still love. I will keep a log of my comments until I get too tired and I go to bed. It’s scheduled to go until 11:30 but you know it always runs long. Yawn. Well I hope you enjoy! Here are some of my observations:

ABC Pre-show:

Kathy Ireland? Seriously? She looks so different. Must have had a face lift.

Helen Mirren looks beautiful! I hope I’m that hot when I’m her age.

J-Lo’s dress is gorgeous but what’s up with her hair? It looks so messy

SJP looks so rough! I love her so much but somebody jacked up her Mystic tan. Maybe it’s the HD…

Cameron Diaz looks hawt! She looks so young!

8:15: Taylor Lautner sighting #1!

Whoopi Poise commercial – WTH?!?

Tina Fey looks beautiful but I would have had fancier hair…

Who was the goober standing next to Gerard Butler? He’s already good looking; he doesn’t need a dork to make him look better.

Kate Winslet!!!! You are my favorite!!!! You always look so beautiful!!!!

8:25: Taylor Lautner sighting #2 with interview!!!

Last night I saw Julie and Julia; so loving Meryl! I’m a little dismayed by her low cut dress because she looks like she has no cleavage. It’s just odd.

Show:

Neil Patrick Harris!!!! The sparkly tux suits him.

8:30: Taylor Lautner sighting #3 – in the audience with Kristen Stewart

Loving Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin! Old school shtick

Damn Helen Mirren = Dame Helen Mirren; classic!

8:43 Taylor Lautner #4

Best Supporting Actor – Christoph Waltz, excellent speech; heartfelt and not too long. Unfortunately I haven’t seen the movie yet but it’s next in our Netflix queue.

Has anybody noticed that nobody smiles in the audience when they cut to commercial? Is it that boring?

Cameron Diaz doesn’t look as good. That makes me feel better :)

Up won for Best Animated Film! I loved that movie! It was such a great story and I really… Squirrel!

Amanda Seyfried and Miley Cyrus seriously have the biggest dresses I have seen! It looks like the Tooth Fairy exploded.

Is it just me or is T Bone Burnett James Cameron’s doppelganger?

Hey Robert Downey Jr.! The Mad Hatter called and wants his bowtie back.

Molly Ringwald looks like a deer caught in headlights, Jud Nelson looks like he’s channeling Johnny Depp, and Macaulay Culkin still looks like he’s 9.

9:28 – Taylor Lautner #5

Zoe Saldana’s dress is gorgeous from the waist up; from the waist down she looks like Carmen Miranda.

Holy cow! Total Kanye moment for the Best Documentary Short! The co-winner for the Oscar just interrupted the other winner’s speech. So odd!

I didn’t see Avatar but Ben Stiller is freaking me out! Love the tail!

Ana Kendrick nominated for an Academy Award. Jessica Stanley you’ve come so far!

I love that Mo’nique won an Oscar. It’s not every day a comedian wins one. I expected her speech to have a least one funny quip but she looked like she was about to pass out so I’ll forgive her.

Ok so I haven’t seen Taylor in about 30 minutes and I’m feeling sleepy so I’m going to bed. Good luck to all the nominees still to come; I know you’ll all reading this so I wanted to send you my best wishes.

Adios y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment